Well, before we go to further details to solve this issue we want to let you know if your usb drive is write protected, you can’t write/ delete/ modify anything in the drive. The write protected feature ensure an extra layer of security. But sometimes it may cause for virus effect.
- SEE ALSO: How to Setup Windows XP from Pendrive?
Let’s see how to disable write protected problem from pen drive or SD card to format using command prompt (CMD)
1. Insert write-protected usb drive in computer.
2. Press Windows Key + R to open Run option.
3. Type cmd.exe and hit Enter .
4. In command prompt write diskpart and press Enter.
5. Type list disk and press Enter.
Here you can see the list of your hard drive and usb drive in numeric order.
6. Type select disk X and hit Enter button.
Replace “X” with your usb drive number as listed in your command prompt.
7. Now type attributes disk clear readonly and press Enter.
8. Type clean and press Enter.
9. Type create partition primary and press Enter.
10. Type format fs=fat32 then press Enter.
11. And finally, type exit and hit Enter to finish.
See and try to format your pendrive or memory card. Hope, it is not write protected anymore. Enjoy.
If you find this post post helpful, please share with your friends. Stay well and good. Allah Hafez.